WHY DO PEOPLE TRAVEL MORE NOWADAYS?
· Low-cost airlines have become more popular across the world.
· Construction of more airports even in small cities, and having a better technology in airplanes has led people to have access to them even in remote areas.
· The tourism industry has developed globally. More affordable hotels, motels, villas are available for travellers.
· Advanced technology and the Internet, arranging of travelling has become far simpler (Online booking).
· The role of advertisement has become more obvious. The Internet and media have exposed people to more travelling ads.
· Globalisation has increased the number of business travellers.
· The number of student travellers has increased dramatically. Better opportunity in other countries has raised the number of student visitors.
· Faster jets have caused travellers to reach their destination far sooner, leading their number being increased phenomenally.
· Employees of multinational companies have to do excessive business trips to other regional offices or even in other continents for office works, meeting and training.
· More people are travelling for leisure activities and this phenomenon has grown speedily in the past few years.
· Travelling is now affordable to virtually all classes of people and people have taken travelling as a leisure activity.
· Because of globalization, people are free to mingle with other nationalities and that’s why people are migrating to other countries for works, study and job opportunities.
· The mobile phone, the internet and the facility to work virtually from any place let people get in touch with office and family while travelling and this is another important reason for people to travel a lot.
Gone are the days when people used to spend all their lives in the same city and the tour was a word for rich people only. Now, with the technological advancements, cheaper flight, and ever increasing awareness towards other states and countries, the world has become a smaller place. Having travelled since childhood, I can definitely say that the tourism industry is changing fast and this is attracting a lot more travellers each year. This essay delves into the reasons behind increasing travellers and benefits of travelling.
Firstly, people want to get refreshed quite often due to their increasing workload and they have easy access to information they want. These are the two main reasons people travel more frequently than ever before. It is evident that busier workdays and the hectic lifestyle can easily drain one out. People have started to work more and earn more as compared to earlier days. Also, with the wave of information that the internet has brought, everyone is better informed about the world outside their office or home. These things have acted as precursors to the increase in the number of people who opt travelling as a holiday get away.
Second, tourism is taken very seriously in several countries now. Countries like Australia and France have travel & tourism as an important part of their economy. Tourism contributes to around 30% of the national GDP for Dubai. Thus, people have started picking up careers in the realm of tourism, as travel bloggers, trip organisers, etc. I myself have met people who travel for a living and love doing so. These factors have also led to accrual in the travelling population.
I believe travelling exposes us to different people and their traditions, outside or even within a country. India itself is a collection of myriad customs, flavours and languages. Visiting places one has never been to and meeting people with different beliefs broadens our perspectives. Introduction to different cultures catalyses respect towards the mutual differences. It helps us understand people in a new light, which can be very helpful to alleviate tensions during political or cultural conflicts.
In a nutshell, I would say that travelling is equivalent to education. It can bring people closer to each other despite their differences, which is very important in today’s global world.
READ SOME ESSAYS HERE